Intimacy and Sexuality – The Importance of Creating Emotional Connections
Making love is often said, although there really is normally an implied meaning that making love usually involves some sort of sexual act that is less innocent, less intimate, or spiritual in nature. However, when two individuals make love, even in the most conventional sense, the act is viewed as an expression of their love for each other, which explains why so many couples attend workshops, engage in role play, and engage in dating as ways to improve their love life. Even if one or both partners aren’t necessarily “put out” by the other’s enjoyment of lovemaking, it can still be very beneficial to the relationship. Here are three reasons why making love can improve your relationship:
– Having a great time: Having fun and making love together is a truly memorable experience. Sexually stimulating your partner is a great time to explore each others fantasies, discover new positions and techniques, and really get to know your partner. Often, in the heat of the moment, we forget about our own fantasies and dreams. A sexual encounter can lead you to discuss your deepest desires with your partner – a great way to make sure they really care about what you want. You might even find yourself developing a more open-minded outlook on sex, and even open up more about your own sexuality and dreams.
– Expressing romantic feelings: Another of the benefits to making love with your partner is expressing romantic feelings. When one or both partners shows romantic feelings, it is often seen as more of a physical desire rather than a deeper emotional one. However, romantic feelings are not limited to only physical attraction. They can also include feelings of friendship, desire for a long-term commitment, and desire for intimacy. Therefore, having a good time together is actually a great way to express romantic feelings.
– Sharing physical intimacy: Although romance is often seen as being solely a physical relationship, that is not always the case. Just because we focus so much on romance and sexual intimacy, we often forget that sharing physical intimacy is a great way to strengthen our relationships and bonds. By making love, we allow the physical barriers between us to slowly dissolve and become less rigid. This allows for greater feelings of closeness and intimacy in our relationships.
– Making love frequently: If you are committed to making love with your partner regularly, then you will find that you are much more likely to stick to the plan that you make, and will also find that your relationship grows into something very strong. People usually set a plan in place once, and then they either don’t follow through on it or make changes to it over time. However, if you are making love with your partner regularly, then you are usually well aware of how often you should make love each week. This allows you to keep to the plan, and slowly create a long-term, physical connection with your partner.
– Creating an emotional connection: One of the great things about making love is that it creates a great emotional connection between you and your partner. When you are making love with your partner, your physical connection is usually all that you focus on. However, this is not always the case. It is also possible that you and your partner are focusing on different levels of intimacy. Therefore, by making love more often, you can create an emotional connection which can help you to grow deeper and stronger in your relationship.