When was the last time you made love? If you haven’t had any in a while then you’re probably very self-conscious about it. You’re probably also wondering what you might be doing wrong and what you’re feeling. Well, that last part is important. Making love and having sex are very different experiences, and there’s a lot more to them than meets the eye. Here are some thoughts on the differences between the two activities.
– Sex is strictly physical. That simple answer to the question is actually very subjective for you and your partners. However, believe me that making love is absolutely different from having sex. Sex is just a physical experience, but making love is so much more emotional and romantic. Think of it this way: you’re engaging in a deep connection with your partner when making love, whereas with sex you’re simply engaging in a physical encounter.
– Foreplay plays a major role in making love. Without foreplay, the closeness that results from mutual masturbation wouldn’t be possible. You need to engage in foreplay to get past the physicality of the act and create an emotional bond between the two of you. This is also the perfect time to get to know one another better, to find out more about what turns your partner on and what turns your partner off.
– Intimacy is another big difference. With making love, intimacy is much more visual than it is with sex. With foreplay and other forms of intimacy you get to explore your partner’s body and learn more about their likes and dislikes.
– Emotional and spiritual growth comes through making love. You connect with your deeper emotions and unlock your own creativity. After you have explored one another’s physical attributes during intimacy, you now have the opportunity to discover deeper feelings. These are your desires and you become aware of what you want from one another. This awareness gives you something to work toward emotionally and spiritually. It also helps you work out conflicts in a much more healthy and positive manner.
– When making love with your partner you must remember that you are in the midst of different people and feelings. When you engage in casual encounters with random strangers or complete strangers who happen to walk by your place of residence, you are sharing some of your most intimate feelings with these people. Make sure that you are not hurt when someone does not treat you with the same respect as someone else in your life. This can cause all kinds of unnecessary problems for both of you down the road.